Saturday, April 24, 2010

How to woo a lady

I took my car to Sears auto center a couple of weeks ago for a tune-up. A lovely young man (and I use that term loosely…for a 17 year old) named Daryl helped me with my order and gave me a price quote of $450. He told me that my car would be ready later that day and that he would call me to let me know when to come in and pick it up. About 2 hours later, I got a call from Daryl. He was just calling to let me know that my price would be $300, not $450. I found this sudden voluntary 33% decrease in price peculiar, but obviously I didn’t complain. Daryl called me again a little while later to let me know that my car would be ready in 20 minutes. I arrived at the Sears to find that my car was nowhere near ready. After almost an hour of hanging out with Daryl, he invited me to go to Philadelphia with him for the weekend. And then I understood. Good strategy Daryl. I am so happy that you still have my phone number.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I completely understand Daryl's motivations here...

    ReplyDelete