Thursday, April 22, 2010

The perfect place for needlepoint

On the subway this morning, I saw a middle-aged man doing needlepoint. He was seated and I was facing him -- standing up and holding the bar above his head. Now, I am not sure where the line is between appropriate and inappropriate subway activties. But, I am pretty sure that needlepoint is on the wrong side of the line. Something just doesn't seem right about wielding a needle back and forth in a place where even airborne diseases are a real risk. I did not enjoy standing in the periphery of his needle's path. Also, this middle aged man was needlepointing a picture of a puppy. Funny that the outcome of his project will be dainty and adorable -- seeing as this construction worked type gentleman was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment