Monday, April 12, 2010

Communication at JFK confuses me

Yesterday, I flew from LAX to JFK. From the time we took off, the little map on the TV told us that our flight was going to arrive at JFK at 4:55, 35 minutes earlier than our scheduled arrival time of 5:30. This is also what the captain announced approximately 14 times on the loudspeaker. He was very proud of himself. Upon arrival, the captain got back on his microphone and told us that since we were so very early, our gate wasn’t ready for us. ‘They’ were currently looking for a new gate for us. Now, I am *assuming* that air traffic control knew that we were arriving early. The Delta website knew. My parents certainly knew (as they track my flight progress diligently). I knew. Everyone on the flight knew. The pilot was definitely not making a secret of it. How exactly did this fact elude the people that coordinate the gates at JFK? I truly do not get how they were blindsided by our arrival. Makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment